Our mission: The mission of Sullivan County Community Hospital is to provide exceptional care and improve the health of our community.
Our vision: We will create a culture of excellence with PRIDE to become your healthcare team of choice.
Sullivan County Community Hospital (SCCH) recognizes it must balance its role as a good steward of its financial resources and its role as an important partner to the community it serves. To help guide in that effort, this policy offers guidelines and parameters to aid in responding to the many requests for charitable donations, event sponsorships and in-kind requests received by Marketing and SCCH staff and administration.
Requests for sponsorships, donations or assistance that are not part of the operational Marketing or Public Relations plans must be submitted in writing using the Community Sponsorship/Donation Request Form found below.
Preference is given to projects related to the following:
- Health needs identified through the Sullivan County Community Health Needs Assessment
- Support unmet community health and or social service needs
- Civic/community events
- Economic /community development
- Arts and cultural efforts
** (The requestor does not have to be affiliated with SCCH; however, SCCH employees will be given precedence if all criteria is met equally among requestors.)
** Sponsorships and charitable contributions will vary and will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Individuals, including persons who are seeking financial support for their individual participation in a fundraising effort or event.
- Patients or other individuals requesting funds for their private use – regardless of the intent of need.
- Individuals seeking to defray the costs of a patient’s health care by conducting fundraising events or other activities. Due to the volume of such requests, varying types, and inability to manage all such requests, we do not participate in promoting, funding, or coordinating such activities.
- Political causes or candidates
- Private athletic teams and athletic fundraising events not associated with area schools, municipalities or civic organizations.
- Programs outside the SCCH Service Area.
Charitable donations represent support given to a group or organization without the anticipation of benefit to SCCH in return. As an important partner to the community, SCCH recognizes that there are unmet needs that we as an employer can assist in supporting through financial donations.
Requests for donations will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- The donation meets SCCH’s Sponsorship Guidelines and Approval Process.
- The donation meets current funding capabilities.
- The donation supports SCCH’s Mission and strategic initiatives.
- Priority will be given to requests by organizations that provide services in SCCH’s service area within Sullivan, Greene, Knox and Vigo counties.
Priority will be given to requests that support wellness, the disadvantaged, and overall community health initiatives. SCCH reserves the right to deny any request, at its sole discretion. Funding in prior years does not guarantee continued funding in any subsequent year.
SCCH will not provide charitable donations in the following instances:
- Requests from commercial, for-profit businesses.
- Requests from organizations that are engaged in political or governmental activities.
- Requests from individuals or employees, particularly if they are already receiving funding or support in another form from SCCH.
- Requests from organizations or programs that are inconsistent with SCCH’s Mission or Values or that would be deemed a conflict of interest.
Sponsorships typically represent requests for funding of cash or in-kind products and services that are offered by SCCH with the expectation of the receipt of something of benefit or value. Sponsorship includes any activity in which SCCH pays a fee, makes a cash donation, or provides goods and services to an organization in return for being identified or participating in that organization’s activity.
The benefits to SCCH may include the following:
- Display and promotion of SCCH’s brand and logo.
- Verbal, written and/or visual acknowledgement at events, functions, etc.
- Participation opportunities for employee’s, medical staff and Board Members of SCCH.
- The ability to highlight a particular service line or subject matter expertise.
Guidelines for Acceptable Sponsorships:
SCCH’s priority in providing sponsorships is to nonprofit groups and/or other business that share our community and our objectives.
Requests for sponsorships will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- The sponsorship meets SCCH’s Sponsorship Guidelines and Approval Process.
- The sponsorship meets current funding capabilities.
- The sponsorship supports SCCH’s Mission and strategic initiatives.
- The sponsorship provides for broad community impact.
- For SCCH team sponsorships, at least 75% of the participants must be employees, physicians, or volunteers at SCCH.
How to Apply:
Formal requests for donations and sponsorships should be made by completing the Community Sponsorship/Donation Request Form below. Please submit the form at least six weeks before your event.
Complete the form online, email or fax the completed form, or print and complete and send to:
SCCH Marketing & Public Relations
2200 N. Section Street
P.O. Box 10
Sullivan, IN 47882-0010
Requests up to $500 will be approved by the CEO. Requests in excess of $500 will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and require the approval of the CEO. SCCH reserves the right to deny any request, at its sole discretion. Funding in prior years does not guarantee continued funding in any subsequent year.
Requests are evaluated once per month. Applicants will be notified of approval or denial via email. Questions should be directed to the Marketing Department, 812-268-4311, ext. 2362.