Due to an increase in positive COVID-19 testing results in Sullivan County, Sullivan County Community Hospital (SCCH) is taking the following COVID-19 safety precautions effective, November 20, 2020.
- Waiting rooms in all SCCH clinics will be closed. Patients are asked to call the provider’s office when they arrive and wait in their vehicles.
- A No Visitors policy goes into effect for the hospital.
- No visitors will be allowed for outpatient services.
- No visitors will be allowed for inpatient/observation stays.
- No visitors will be allowed on the COVID unit
- One visitor (must be the same visitor) may be allowed for a delivery in OB. One visitor will be allowed to accompany a pediatric patient or a patient with a mental (including dementia), physical, or development disability. Two visitors will be allowed in and End of life situation.
- SCCH will no longer be a collection/testing site for pre-operative Covid testing.
- Each patient and visitor (who is permitted entrance) will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering any facility. If symptoms are present, the visitor will be denied entry.
- Patients and visitors are required to wear a mask and all times – NO EXCEPTIONS. All patients and visitors must sanitize their hands at each service site.