Contact Respiratory Therapy may be reached at (812) 268-4311, ext. 2289 or 2295 to schedule an appointment or to answer questions.
Respiratory Therapy is a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week department providing the following services at Sullivan County Community Hospital.
- Stress Testing (Cardiolite Treadmill or Chemical Stress Test)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT): Diagnoses certain types of lung disease, finds the cause of shortness of breath, checks lung function
- Electroencephalograms (EEG): Measures electrical activity of the brain and to detect possible seizure activity.
- Electrocardiograms: EKG testing measures electrical activity of the heart to detect irregular heart rhythms or heart damage.
- Holter monitoring: The device is worn for 24 hours to detect irregular heart patterns.
- 30–Day Cardiac Event monitoring: Measures and record the heart’s electrical activity.
- SLEEP Diagnostic study: Used to detect sleep apnea, reasons for snoring, daytime sleepiness, morning headaches or other disorders which may affect the health of the patient. (Appointments normally are scheduled to begin at 8:30 p.m. or arranged according to night-shift work schedules.)
- Titration study: Calibrates your CPAP to find the right amount of air pressure to prevent your upper airway from becoming blocked eliminating breathing pauses in your sleep.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT): Tests for excessive daytime sleepiness by measuring how quickly you fall asleep in a quiet environment during the day.
Respiratory Therapy also treats patients with acute and chronic lung disorders with oxygen and aerosolized therapy, and assisted ventilation when necessary. Respiratory Therapy testing is usually scheduled by a physician on an outpatient basis.